Monday, August 6, 2007

24...

...is the age I just reached on my recent birthday. I feel old and young at the same time. Last year for my birthday I was in California: Kimi and Mike took me to see "Lady in the Water"; the rest of the gang surprised me with Red Lobster and ice skating; and the next day was Hawaiian Shirt Day in the Financial Aid Office. This year in New Zealand, I went out for lunch with some friends from church for Mongolian BBQ--it was a really fun day, and it was nice to celebrate with my new pals. I have decided that my birthday is the best holiday, except for Christmas.

I have a new batch of flatmates for this semester. We have representatives from the New Hampshire, France, Kazakhstan (no Borat jokes, please!), and New Zealand.

Here are my classes this semester:
Research Methods---not really exciting, but necessary
Documentary History and Theory---really interesting! I have a group presentation this week about Holocaust documentaries...
NZ Media Studies---good background info
Music, Sound and Media---the best class ever! I think I have found my calling in life---or at least an area to focus on for my thesis next year...

Next time: more stories from children's church, spring break plans, and more!

No comments: