Friday, August 1, 2008

Pictures from Trip, Part Uno

Here are some pictures of my trip! This is where I started and finished my two week journey.
This is the Cathedral in Christchurch:

And this the Avon River.

I went for a boat ride on it, which is called punting. The punter was also American which was a funny coincidence.

Ok, so here is my funny story from Christchurch: So all growing up (and even today) when preparing for a trip my Mom would always remind me to pack extra underwear. Which I always laughed at because who forgets underwear when packing for a trip?! Maybe toothpaste, but not underwear. Well, embarrassingly enough,that's exactly what I did. I quickly realized it after landing in Christchurch, so instead of sightseeing, one whole morning was spent shopping in order to correct my mistake.
Um, awkward...
Anyway....
A few hours away from Christchurch you can visit the Akoroa Harbour and see the famous Hector's Dolphins.
By snapping away at my camera I did manage to get this money shot of a dolphin swimming next to our boat:
Cute! I shall call him Squishy, and he shall be my Squishy.
More pictures are on the way, but for now I need to go to bed!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Cool dolphin pic, Judy!!