Tuesday, January 13, 2009

An Update!

Hello Friends! Greetings from Fort Wayne, Indiana in the USA.
It's been a while since my last update and so much has happened!
After returning from Sydney I had a few more weeks to finish writing my thesis. I had a lot of time to devote to it since all other school activities were over and most of my friends were moving out of our building. But finally the day came and I was able to turn in the finished, bound thesis entitled "Bjork, Buskers and Songbirds: Realism and Revision in the Musical Genre".
After that I had a very short break until my friend Kim arrived from California! The two of us did a whirlwind tour of New Zealand in just 8 days, ending up in Auckland for my final Sunday at church. We flew back to California together and were greeted at the airport by another friend, Brynne. Then I flew to Chicago just in time for Christmas Eve. Whew!
Now I am staying with my parents in Fort Wayne until I figure out what's next. It will be another month or so before I get the grade back from my thesis and officially graduate, so stay tuned for more news on those events. Thanks again to all my readers and to the many people who have supported over these last few years. I am deeply grateful and eager to reconnect with you in person sometime soon!
To close for now, here are some pictures from my last weeks in New Zealand.
Here is Kim and I with some icebergs.
The beautiful Lake Pukaki.
Sleeping Seals in Kaikoura!
Sunset in Wellington.
The Weta Workshop gift shop.
The view from a Hobbit hole.
A misty day at Cathedral Cove.
A rainbow in Mt. Cook Nat'l Park

No comments: