Monday, June 18, 2007

From the Mountains to the Sea

I turned in my last essay, and then skipped town with some buddies. We went to the Coromandel Peninsula where we hiked the Pinnacles:





We also spent some time at Hot Water Beach.. You dig a hole and hot water bubbles up, and it's like a homemade hot tub. Except when we went it was raining and cold, and therefore, not that fun...



We also checked out Cathedral Cove which is this huge tunnel carved into the side of hill basically...It's right on the beach and quite lovely...








Other things that happened on this trip:

--We met the current MVP of the NBA, Dirk Nowitzky.

--We ran over a possum with the car.

--I had some really good food at the local establishments.


Next up, Fiji!

1 comment:

Jackson Rae said...

Yeah for updates! I'm a faithful reader. Although when you post those Fiji photos, I will barf.