Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Surf's Up! or, Crab Attack!

I have been doing a lot of homework lately: writing papers, giving presentations, watching movies and tv (yes, that's homework for me), and reading. I haven't really had a break in a while which is why I was happy to get out this past Saturday and do some surfing! Michael, Jesper and I took an hour-long bus ride to the west coast of NZ. On the way, I decided to take a picture each time we stopped, so here is a collage of our bus ride:

This is Jesper... and this is Michael....





















I started learning to surf in July or August, but I haven't gone for months, so I was a bit rusty. I ended up catching a few nice waves. It was Michael and Jesper's first time surfing, and they really got into it. We may be going again soon...

Here's where we were that day:







I would also like to mention that as I was coming out of the water at the end of our day, I felt a PINCH on my heel. When I looked down, I saw a crab hanging off of my foot--just hanging out. It didn't really hurt, luckily, although his little pincher proved quite strong. I had to yank him off, but I was not injured in any way. I threw the crab back in the water, but I wish I would have kept him for a pet... or dinner...